China Marketing Officer (Beijing-based)
The post-holder will make an important contribution International Marketing Team and China Office by providing insight, expertise and support to retain/increase King’s student recruitment targets. They will also play a role in helping to identify and develop academic partnerships with overseas universities, colleges and schools, government, alumni and scholarship agencies that support student recruitment objectives.
The post-holder will be responsible for inputting into the planning and implementation of all marketing and recruitment activities across assigned regions in Mainland China; raising the profile of the King’s and successfully helping to achieve the outcomes that advance the university’s international strategy.
- Represent King’s across a broad range of marketing activities in-country, including education exhibitions, partner school and university presentations as well as independent recruitment and conversion events
- Relationship management and extensive training of counselling staff based within the university’s network of agent representatives in China
- Identify and develop relevant links with universities, government agencies and other organisations in the region (e.g. British Council, CSC, CEAIE etc.)
- Input into the drafting and implementation of relevant marketing plans and associated targets (including required market research) as well as in preparing international marketing materials and presentations for the China market
- Provide marketing intelligence to the London-based team on relevant areas impacting marketing and student recruitment within the region
- Liaise with a wide range of internal departments in order to advance the university’s student recruitment objectives in China, both academic and non-academic (including Schools/Faculties and Institutes, Admissions, Alumni, PR, Study Abroad, Summer School, Careers & Employability and the Graduate School)
- Report to and work collaboratively with the Senior China Marketing Officer (also based in Beijing)
- Support colleagues and academic staff when in China on university business
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Be a graduate of King's College London
- Experience in recruitment of Chinese students for UK-based higher education programmes (desirable but not essential)
- Able to work independently, flexibly and for long hours when necessary (at times under pressure)
- Able to plan and carry out detailed market research, and to act upon findings
- Excellent oral and written skills in both Mandarin Chinese and English
- Good knowledge of the UK Higher Education sector
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of digital marketing methods (e.g. use of social media) desirable
- Self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ability to travel extensively in China for student recruitment purposes (for periods of up to three weeks at a time)
The post-holder will report to and be supported by both the Senior China Marketing Officer in Beijing and the Regional Manager (East/Southeast Asia) in London.
*Please also refer to the separate job description for details of the role of Senior China Marketing Officer(see below). Applicants will automatically be considered for both roles depending on their skill and experience level. Only one individual will be appointed.
Competitive salary offered commensurate with experience, typically within the range of 150,000 to 200,000 RMB per year at Officer level and 200,000 to 250,000 RMB per year at Senior Officer level (see separate job description for this level).
Interested applicants should forward a CV, a one page covering letter (including details of current salary) in both English and Chinese outlining their suitability for the role to:
Michael Hughes, Regional Manager (East & Southeast Asia) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 5 Apr 2016
Shortlisted applicants are likely to be invited for interview in Beijing in mid/late April.