133 9264 1939 (020) 8333 8999 ext. 939
We teach to achieve beyond scores.
1. Some people think that robots are very important to human’s future development.Others think that they are dangerous and have negative effects on society.Discuss both these views and give your personal view.
2. The government money should be invested in teaching science rather than othersubjects so as to help a country make progress and develop. To what extent doyou agree or disagree?
3. Some people think sports games are important for society, while others believe they should more be taken as leisure activities. Discuss.
4. Nowadays，full- time university studentstend to focus on their studying. Some people think it is essential for them to be involved in other activities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people think that advertising aimed at children should be banned. To whatextent do you agree or disagree?
6. The spread of multinational companies and resulting increase of globalization produces positive effects for everyone. To what extent to you agree or disagree?
7. As countries develop, their populations tend to live individually or in smallfamily units. In your opinion, what is this cause and what are the effects onsociety.
8. A long-distance flight consumes the same amount of fuel and causes the sameamount of pollution as a car does within several years. Some people think that to reduce environmental problems, we should discourage non-essential flights,such as tourist air travel, instead of limiting the use of cars. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some people say that governments should spend money on measures to save languages that are used by few speakers, while others believe it is a waste offinancial resources. Discuss both these viewsand give your opinion.
10. In most countries, prison is an effective solution to the problem of crime. Some people think that it is amore effective solution to providing education for those who violate the law. To what extent do you agree ordisagree?
11. Some children think that some subjects such as mathematics and philosophy are too difficult for them to studyat school, so they should be made optional rather than compulsory. To whatextent do you agree or disagree?
12. In countries where there is a high rate of unemployment, most pupils should be offered only primary education. There is nopoint in offering secondary education to those who have no hope of finding a job. To what extent do you agree ordisagree with this statement?
13. Some people think that men and women have different qualities. Therefore, some certain jobs are suitable for men and some jobs are suitable for women.To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. Some people think that parents have a great influence on their children, others believe that the media is a bigger influence. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
15. In the past, buildings often reflected the culture of a society but today all modern buildings look alike and cities throughout the world are becoming increasingly similar. What do you think are the reasons for this? And is it a good thing or a bad thing?
16. Some countries have a long working day, which is helpful for them to become economically successful, butit also causes some negative social problems. To what extent do you agree ordisagree?
17. Every year several languages die out. This is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
18. Some people believe that thebest form of help for developing countries is financial aid. To what extent doyou agree or disagree?
19. Governments should control theamount of violence in the media. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20. Today, the qualities of life of people in big cities are worse. What are the causes of this problem? Any measures should be taken to solve it?
21. Nowadays people are encouraged to buy more and more consumer products. Some people think it is good for theeconomy. However, others think it does great harm to the whole society. Discussboth views and give your own opinion.
22. Some people think individuals are more and more dependent on each other. some people think individuals are more and more independent. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
23. Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career success. Others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience. Discuss both viewsand give your own opinion.
24. Many fathers today stay at home and take care of their children while mothers go out to work. What are the causes of this? Is this a positive or a negative development?