【涨姿势】除了Long time no see,英文中还有哪些可以直译的神句

2015年08月21日 最英国



我们称那些从中文直译过来的英文叫Chiglish,其实生活中,有一些句子确实在中英文中都是互通的。


主页菌这就给大家八一八除了Long time no see以外,还有那些可以直译的神句!


1. Blood is thicker than water.

Family relationships are strongerthan any others.

中文里的“血浓于水”,这算是完全直译喽。


2. Be able to do something in your sleep

To be able to do something veryeasily because you have done it many times before.

中文里可以对应“我闭着眼睛也能…”。

例如:

I haven't done many portraits, but Icould paint landscapes in my sleep.
我画的肖像画不多,但是我闭着眼也能画风景。


3. Have money to burn

To have so much money that you do nothave to be careful with it.

我们说“烧钱”,英文里也用了burn哦。“钱多到拿钱点烟”,这么记就记住了。还记得之前说过的“花钱如流水”不?对了,就是spend money like water.



4. keep somebody at arm's length

To avoid having a close relationshipwith somebody.

中文里咱们有“保持一臂距离”对吧,这么记就特别好记。例如:

He keeps all his clients at arm's length.
他和所有的客户都保持距离。


5. (in) black and white

a)In a way that makes people orthings seem completely bad or good, or completely right or wrong.

我们在评论是非对错的时候,可能会听到有人说“不分黑白”。英文里也用黑和白来指绝对的好和坏,对和错。例如:

It's a complex issue, but he onlysees it in black and white.
这是个很复杂的问题,但是他只是非黑即白地来看它。

b)In writing or in print

中文里,尤其是在电视剧里,每次遇到“签字画押”情节,总能听到“白纸黑字”是不?英文里也有对应的含义。例如:

I never thought they'd put it inblack and white on the front page.
我没想到他们会把这白纸黑字地印在头版上。


6. Shut / close your eyes to something

To pretend that you have not noticedsomething so that you do not have to deal with it

中文里咱们说“对……视而不见”,差不多就是这个意思。例如:

You can't just close your eyes to hisviolence.
你不能对他的暴力行为视而不见。

They seem intent on shutting theireyes to the problems of pollution.
他们似乎打算对污染问题视而不见。



7. Shut/ slam the door in somebody's face

a)to shut a door hard when somebodyis trying to come in

b)to refuse to talk to somebody ormeet them, in a rude way

这个表达有两个意思,除了字面意思外,另一个就跟我们的“拒之门外”很像了。


8. Two heads are better than one.

Used to say that two people can achievemore than one person working alone.

“三个臭皮匠赛过诸葛亮”,或者“人多力量大”,可以这么理解。


9. Rack your brain(s)

To think very hard or for a long timeabout something.

“绞尽脑汁”就翻译成这个。例如:

She racked her brains, trying toremember exactly what she had said.
她绞尽脑汁想回忆起她到底说了什么。


10. Take the weight off your feet

To sit down and rest, especially whenyou are tired

我们的“歇歇脚”,以后用英文就这么说。


11. Be engraved on/ in your heart, memory, mind, etc.

To be something that you will neverforget because it affected you so strongly.

深深地印在心里或者记忆力。例如:

The date of the accident remainsengraved on my mind.
事情发生的那个日子已铭记在我心上。



来源:China Daily


收藏 已赞