有些童鞋最不会拒绝人了,就算心里想着say No,嘴上还是说了Yes,不光用中文不会,用英语就更不会了。
但是,有些人、有些事是不得不拒绝的。今天姿势菌就跟大家分享一下,外国人面对邀请、唠叨和请求时,都是如何有礼貌地拒绝的呢?
你要做的事情就是:
1) 说出感谢
2) 说“不”
3) 给出理由
还有可能:
4) 建议其他时间或日期
举个例子:
Thank you so much for the invitation, but I’m afraid I have a prior engagement.
非常感谢您的邀请,但我已经有约了。
更正式一些:
Thanks for the invitation! I’m really sorry, I can’t come - I’ve already got other plans.
感谢您的邀请!不过很抱歉我不能来,因为我已计划了其他事情。
更多方法:
I’d love to, but I’m afraid I can’t. Would another time be possible?
我很想去,不过恐怕不行。可以换个时间吗?
I’m very sorry, but I won’t be able to make it. Another time would be great, though!
很抱歉,我无法去。要是换个时间就太好了!
It’s a lovely idea, but I won’t be able to join you this time.
好主意,但我这次无法参加了。
That’s very kind of you, but …
您太好了,不过...
Could I join you later? I just have to finish something.
我可以稍后加入你们吗?我必须先完成一些事情。
Today’s not so good - how about tomorrow?
今天不太合适,明天如何?
I understand what you’re getting at, but (I’m just not interested/I just can’t /it just won’t be possible) at the moment.
我了解您所说的事情,只是我现在(不感兴趣/无法去/不可能去)。
如果Ta实在不明白你的提示,试着直呼其名来加以强调:
Look, (Michael), I’m sorry, but it’s just not going to be possible at the moment.
Michael,实在抱歉,只是我现在确实不能去。
I’d like to help you but I can’t take on any new commitments at the moment, I’m afraid.
我很想帮助你,但现在恐怕无法再增加任何新任务了。
给予Ta信心,鼓励Ta独立完成:
Actually, I think this is something you could do really well yourself!
事实上,我觉得您完全可以自己做好!
Why not have a go yourself, and give me a shout if you need help?
要不您先自己做着,在需要帮助时喊我?
“打时间牌”:
I need to think it over. Can I get back to you later?
我需要仔细考虑一下。我稍后告诉你好吗?
I’ll think about it and let you know, OK?
让我考虑一下,然后再告诉您,可以吗?
“嫁祸”他人:
I’m afraid I’m not familiar with that, but have you asked (X)?
我恐怕对它并不熟悉,不过你问过某某了吗?
Sorry, but that’s not really something I can do. Maybe (X) can help you.
对不起,我实在做不来这事。也许某某可帮助你。
Oh dear, I’m terrible at that sort of thing! What about getting (X) to have a look at it?
哦,亲爱的,我最不擅长做这种事情了!让某某来看一下怎么样?
总之要记得,不要急于回答“是”或“不”然后再后悔。考虑清楚后再回答,保持礼貌但要坚决,而且确保让事情朝自己希望的方向发展。
另外,小伙伴要是有任何关于英语学习或者英国文化的问题,可以给姿势菌留言哦。
来源:网络