These are some Tips for the RTA Driving Test：
• Make sure you do your shoulder checks before any manoeuvre (blind spot)
even for left and right turns. Your chin needs to line up with your shoulder.
• Looking in mirrors when braking or stopping
• Make sure you apply the correct procedure for kerb side parking, kerb side
stops and leaving, (note all observation checks need to completed before returning
and leaving the kerb) at parked position you should indicate a minimum of 5sec
before leaving the kerb.
• Make sure for 3.0 turns your vision checks are 360 degrees at each point of the
3.0 turn. When reversing you must be looking in rear windows and mirrors. The
reason is you should be looking for potential hazards.
• When merging lanes or lane changing, make sure at point of decision for lane
changing to indicate first, let people see your decision, check mirrors for a safe gap
then shoulder (blind spot check) then look straight when merging and glance in
mirrors for reassurance .
• Going through traffic lights you must do your observation checks, that is
looking left and right, even if passing through traffic light when its green. Reason
is pedestrians crossing or vehicles going through the red lights.
• Indicate left on exit of all roundabouts. Check blind spot before you exit on
dual lane roundabouts if your on the inside lane
• Aim high see the whole scene, scan foot path to foot path. (Vision is very
important) looking for HAZARDS
• Cover the brakes approaching traffic lights and be ready to stop if lights
change. You must stop on yellow unless a sudden brake could cause a crash.
• Drive smooth no hard braking or fast take offs.
• Watch out for school zones and crossing.
• Check crossing is clear left and right, checks made on approach of crossing
and if there is someone crossing wait until their feet are off the crossing then
• Crash avoidance space, keep a min of 3sec when following vehicles, (cyclist is
also considered a vehicle) , if its raining increase it.
• When stopped in traffic keep a minimum car length.
• Keep a minimum of 1m from Hazards and parked cars when possible.
• Do not assume, always make 100% decisions.
Ben：0424 291 638
微信：136 028 13131
Q Q：9740 84338