梨子村安全饮水CSR项目

<- 分享“西南美国商会”微信公众号到您的社交圈,让更多的人知道!

收藏文章 赞一个 已赞 2016-05-09 西南美国商会



2016年4月23日到24日,中国西南美国商会(以下简称西南美商会)的代表走访了位于四川边远山区的南江县梨子村。2015年西南美商会携同四川省科技扶贫基金会(以下简称扶贫基金会)在这个村子捐赠发起了安全饮用水公益项目,为村里80户家庭、共计280人提供可持续的清洁饮用水源。为了这个项目,西南美商会将美国独立日慈善晚宴中募得善款的40%捐赠给了扶贫基金会,占到整个项目总费用的一半。(独立日慈善晚宴剩余善款的60%捐赠给了“心的希望”项目,用于心脏病儿童的手术费用。)
2015年,扶贫基金会了解到梨子村存在水源减少和污染隐患的问题。梨子村有两个水源,但是要不就逢旱必干,要不就混杂着杂质和农田灌溉用水。于是在2015年冬天,一份由扶贫基金会发起的净水项目预算计划书就被呈递到了西南美商会理事会的面前。该项计划通过后,扶贫基金会立马召集工程师开始了饮用水蓄水池系统和管道系统的建设。
项目于2016年4月份完工,西南美商会收到了来自扶贫基金会的项目参观邀请。经过了解,工程主体是两个巨大的水泥蓄水池,可以收集并储存新鲜的雨水和泉水来为村民持续提供清洁的饮用水。另外,蓄水池通过管道系统连接到每家每户,这样村民无论是饮水、做饭、洗澡还是洗衣服都十分便利。
相较于之前既不便利又不安全的水源,现在的饮水系统改善了许多。蓄水池和管道都是采用经久耐用的材料,而且梨子村村民达成了共识,今后整个系统的维修保养费用都由本村人共同承担。西南美商会代表坚信这个项目的成功将会大大改善村民的生活质量,同时,我们也非常荣幸能够和扶贫基金会一同合作,努力帮助整个四川乃至西南地区需要帮助的人们。

On April 23-24, 2016, AmCham Southwest representatives visited Lizi Village in rural Sichuan where AmCham partnered with the Chinese Relief and Development Foundation (CRDF) to sponsor a fresh drinking water project. The project provides a sustainable source of fresh water to Lizi Village’s 80 families, serving a total of 280 people. In 2015, AmCham donated 40 percent of the proceeds from the American Independence Day Charity Celebration to CRDF, providing half the needed funding for the water project. The other 60 percent of the proceeds went to Hopeful Hearts, a charity that funds life-saving heart surgeries for needy children.

In 2015, CRDF identified Lizi Village’s water source as vulnerable to depletion and contamination. Villagers could collect water from two sources, both of which often dried up during droughts and were not sufficiently sealed against debris and agricultural runoff. CRDF created a project plan and began raising funds, submitting a budget proposal to the AmCham board in the winter of 2015. After the board’s approval, CRDF’s engineers began construction of a system of drinking water reservoirs and pipes for the citizens of Lizi Village.

CRDF invited AmCham representatives to visit Lizi Village upon the project’s completion in April 2016. Engineers had constructed large concrete tanks to collect and store fresh rainwater and spring water. The reservoirs will continuously collect water, providing the villagers with a sustainable and clean supply. A system of pipes connects the reservoirs to smaller tanks outside each family’s home from which they can collect the water they need for drinking, cooking, washing, and bathing.

The drinking water system is a marked improvement from the inconvenient and unreliable water sources available before the project. The reservoirs and pipes are made of durable materials and Lizi Village’s citizens have agreed to fund the system’s upkeep. AmCham representatives believe this successful project will improve the villagers’ quality of life. We are proud to partner with CRDF in its efforts to aid those in need throughout Sichuan and the wider Southwest China community.

AmCham Southwest China

Please follow us



点击展开全文